Trekking Tour in Tunisia
The Trekking tour in Tunisia is the ideal circuit for lovers of walking, trekking, for those who wish to take the time to admire the landscapes and be closer to local life. This 7-day trekking tour in Tunisia will allow you to combine the sea with the desert, cross Berber villages and walk in the mountains between the flocks of sheep! You will walk for hours in the footsteps of dromedaries and camel drivers in the middle of the desert and you will sleep once in the beautiful and other homestays !
About the tour :
- Duration : 7 days
- Departure time : 8h30 am
- Support : All of Tunisia (our team picks you up where you are)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation: free up to 7 days before the date of the excursion
- Take advantage of your address pick-up where you are in Tunisia
- Discover a large part of southern Tunisia
- Enjoy a hike between the Ksours of Beni Khadech, off the beaten track
- Hike in the Berber villages of Chenini, Douiret and Toujane
- Cross the large sand dunes in the footsteps of dromedaries
- Spend a night in a tent in the middle of the desert (wild bivouac)
- Meet nature and dive deep into local life
- Follow local guides and admire Tunisian nature off the beaten track
- Possibility to personalize the circuit according to your desires
Day 1: Welcome to TunisiaArrival, reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel. Free day Accommodation: Hotel Touring or similar
Day 2: The Ksours of Beni Khadech and the night in a cottage
The starting day of your trekking tour in Tunisia. Head from Djerba towards Medenine and stop on the mountain of “Kaf El Anba” which dominates the plain of Jeffara. Photo break to admire the panoramic view and start of the hike.
Departure towards Ksar Jouamaa and visit then continuation between the tracks and the villages of Beni Khedache towards the Ksar of Zemmour (about 9 Km). Photo break
After the break we will start the 2nd part to digest and we will go to the famous Ksar Hallouf (about 7 km). On arrival and in the middle of the oasis we will have a good picnic lunch.
Free time to enjoy the landscapes around then we will resume the 4 * 4 and we will head towards the Berber village of Douiret.
Arrival, dinner and overnight installation.
Accommodation: Gîte de Douiret
Day 3: The Berber villages of Tataouine !
Wake up gently and breakfast then start walking tours. Your local guide will accompany you through the mountain of Douiret and its Berber village to the neighboring village, that of Chenini. A hike between fields of olive trees, streams and stony tracks (about 15 km). During this journey you will meet goats, sheep, hamsters, you will breathe fresh air and you will visit the famous “Akarit” olive tree, the oldest olive tree in the region (millennium).
After about 4 hours, you will arrive in the village of Chenini, sit at the restaurant and enjoy a good local meal.
After the meal, a second part will be waiting for you to visit the village of Chenini with its different components: The houses dug horizontally in the walls of the mountain, the Ksar, the oil mill, the mosque … etc
Your guide will even take you to the famous Mosque of the 7 Sleepers, show you around and tell you its legend.
End of the day, return to Douiret, evening, dinner and overnight
Accommodation: Gîte de Douiret
Day 4: Between Guermessa and Ksar Hadada
After breakfast, the 4 * 4 will drop you off at Chenini from where you will start your hike. Depart with your guide to the ancient village of Guermessa. Arrival and free time to enjoy a good lunch in the restaurant at the foot of the old village.
After the meal the 4 * 4 will be there to take you to the village of Ghomrassen, the starting point of a shorter hike through the Canyons and streams to the famous Ksar Hadada (one of the best preserved ksours in the region and the location of some Star Wars scenes).
Visit and return to Douiret for a good dinner and one night.
Accommodation: Gîte de Douiret
Day 5: Matmata and the homestay visit
Breakfast and departure to Toujane, the ocher-colored Berber village, timidly hidden between two mountains.
Walking tour of the village and its surroundings with a local guide. Around noon we will head to a troglodyte house where we will enjoy a good lunch (it all depends on the number of people, you can be divided over several Berber houses).
100% local midday meal and free afternoon with your host to live a local and Berber experience (nothing is scheduled you will do exactly what the host does for his day: look for the grass, look for the sheep, do some bread, prepare to eat..etc)
Dinner and overnight at the inhabitant
Accommodation: Homestay in Matmata
Day 6: A typical Hammam
Still with the locals, you will enjoy a good organic breakfast: olive oil, honey, goat milk, etc.
Then we will go to El Hamma, this seaside village famous for its thermal springs. Stop at Chenchou and free time to enjoy a good Hammam (possibility of extra massage).
Lunch, then return to Djerba and free afternoon to do some shopping.
Installation at the hotel, dinner and overnight
Accommodation: Hotel Touring or similar
Day 7: End of our services
Free day and transfer to the airport according to flight schedules.
The prices below correspond to the proposal in the circuit. This rate may change depending on our email exchanges and the modifications you wish to make to the program. We are there to personalize the circuits according to your desires !
This price includes
- Reception at the airport on the day of arrival and transfer to your accommodation
- 2 nights half board at the Touring Houmt Souk hotel or similar
- 3 nights at the Douiret gite with half board
- 1 night homestay in Matmata with half board
- The provision of a privatized 4 * 4 / minibus or bus for 7 days
- The services of a driver approved by the Tourist Office for 7 days
- The services of a guide approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office for 7 days
- The hike between Ksar Jouamaa and Ksar Hallouf (day 2)
- Lunch picnic (day 2)
- The hike between Douiret and Chenini (day 3)
- Lunch (excluding drinks) in a local restaurant
- The hike between Chenini and Guermessa (day 4)
- Lunch without drinks in a local restaurant (day 4)
- The hike around Toujane (day 5)
- Lunch with the locals day 5
- Access to the Hammam of Chenchou (day 6)
- Lunch at a local restaurant day 6 (excluding drinks)
- Return transfer on departure day
- Our services and our assistance 24h / 24h
This rate does not include
- Drinks and personal expenses
- The optional activities and walks mentioned in the program or offered on site.
- The massage or the private cabin during the Hammam