Tataouine Chenini Desert Trip : Visit of the Ksours
Tataouine chenini desert trip is a trip back in time to the land of the Berbers, caravans and ksours on this guided tour of the fascinating city of Tataouine. During this day trip, visit historic and iconic sites in the area.
About the trip
- Duration : 1 day
- Departure time : 6h30 am
- Support : Djerba and Zarzis (our team picks you up where you are)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type de transport : Air-conditioned 4 * 4
- Excursion approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation : See our terms and conditions
- Discover the salt lake of Chahbania.
- Stroll and bargain in the Tataouine market.
- Explore the Berber village of Chenini with a local guide.
- Discover one of the locations of Star Wars.
Good to know
- Don’t forget to bring your sunscreen, sunglasses, swimsuit and towel.
- It’s best to wear sneakers to walk in the sand
- Tunisian cuisine is quite spicy, if you don’t eat spicy please let us know.
- If you have food allergies please let us know
- Do not hesitate to take pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (sand roses, a cheche or others) or give tips
- The price of drinks on site and about 3 dinars a drink (about 1 euro)
Tataouine Chenini Desert Trip Description
Benefit from a morning pick-up at your accommodation by a friendly driver. After a short presentation, set off to explore the wonders of southern Tunisia.
Begin your journey leaving the island of Djerba, take an ancient Roman road and take wonderful vacation photos of Chahbania along the way. Continue to Tataouine, the city that gave the planet Tatooine its name in the Star Wars saga, and enjoy some free time to wander the market and practice trading with the merchants.
Then continue your road towards the Berber village of Chenini which offers a view on the mountain and stay there approximately 1 hour with your local guide. This guide will be happy to introduce you to the various buildings that make up the village, such as the oil mill, the mosque, the houses dug in the mountains, and much more.
Then enjoy a delicious local meal. Then go to Ksar Hadada, where some scenes from the movie “Star Wars, episode I: The Phantom Menace” were filmed.
To end your wonderful day, return to Djerba in an air-conditioned vehicle.
Tataouine Chenini Desert Trip in Pictures
70 euros per person
This rate is based on at least 4 participants. Other people may join you.