Tunisia 3 days tour
Description of Tunisia 3 days tour :
Book your Tunisia 3 days tour and discover the 3 types of desert in the country! Discover Chotts, Reg and L’Erg at your own pace. Cross the big dunes in a 4 * 4 and spend a night in a tent in Ksar Ghilane ! Discover the Ksours, the Berber villages of Tataouine and the mountain oases in Tozeur !
About Tunisia 3 days tour :
- Duration : 3 days
- Departure time : 8h30 am
- Support : Djerba – Zarzis and Tataouine (Other cities incur additional costs)
- Confirmation : immédiate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Air-conditioned touristic vehicle
- The tour is approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
Cancellation: free up to 7 days before the date of the excursion
- Take advantage of your address pick-up where you are in Tunisia
- Discover a large part of northern Tunisia
- Discover Tataouine, its Ksours and the troglodyte village of Chenini
- Take a Bath in the hot spring at Ksar Ghilane
- Spend a night in a tent in the middle of the desert
- Visit a cave dwelling (troglodyte house) and eat with the locals
- Spend the night in a cottage in the Berber village of Douiret
- Discover the 3 types of desert in Tunisia
- Explore local life and taste Tunisian cuisine
Day 1: Welcome to Tunisia
Arrival, reception at the airport and transfer to the hotel in Djerba. Free day and possibility to stroll around town or laze around depending on the flight schedule.Accommodation: Hôtel Dar Bhar or similar
Day 2: The Ksours, Berber villages and the night in a cottage
After breakfast, fasten your seat belt in a 4 * 4 and go on an adventure! Head to Tataouine, the city renowned for its Ksours and its Berber villages.
The first stop will be at Chahbania salt lake, a photo break during which your guide will give you the detailed itinerary of the day.
Continue to the town’s local market and enjoy free time to stroll through its alleys and taste the famous local pastry shop “Les cornes de Gazelle” (Gazelle horns).
Then head to Chenini, one of the most beautiful Berber villages where you will meet your local guide “Zizou”! With a smile, a lot of love for his village and a passion for his job as a local guide, he will accompany you for a ride of around 1 hour to discover the village and its secret corners! Discover the granaries, the houses embedded in the walls of the mountain, the oil mill, the mosque and much more.
Around noon, a local meal would be a good reward after the walk you had done !
After the meal, it is time for digestion! Now, the route is about 6 km of walking in the middle of nature! Still with Zizou, cross the fields of olive trees, meet goats and sheep, maybe hamsters … Discover palm groves and water sources and breathe the fresh air.
The arrival point will be a gîte in the middle of the Berber village of Douiret! Sit back, take your shower and get ready for a good dinner !
Installation in rooms dug in the mountain and overnight.
Accommodation: cottage of Douiret
Day 3: The oasis of Ksar Ghilane and the homestay visit
In douriet, try to wake up early to admire the wonderful sunrise! Enjoy a good breakfast then head to Ksar Ghilane. Considered one of the most important gates of the desert, this oasis is truly magnificent! In the middle, a natural hot spring is used not only for swimming but also for the irrigation of the palm grove around and at the 4 ends, dunes of fine sand stretch as far as the eye can see !
Take the time to bathe, take a quad or camel ride in the dunes if you wish, then enjoy a midday meal in the middle of the desert..
After lunch, departure to Matmata, the troglodyte village par excellence ! Arrival and visit of a Berber family in their underground house ! Inside, you will not only have the right to visit all the rooms, but also to taste a good rosemary tea, served by your host with olive oil, honey and homemade bread !
Continue to the Berber village of Toujane, a fascinating village timidly hidden between two mountains … Photo stop then return to Djerba
Price details :
The prices below correspond to the proposal in the circuit. This rate may change depending on our email exchanges and the modifications you wish to make to the program. We are there to customize the circuits according to your wishes.
The price includes
- Reception at the airport on the day of arrival and transfer to the hotel
- The night at the Hotel Villa Azur or similar with half board the 1st night
- The provision of an air-conditioned vehicle for 2 days
- 1 night at the Douiret gîte with half board
- Hotel / Airport transfer on departure day
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office for 2 days
- The services of a licensed guide during the entire tour
- Local guide services for hikes
- Lunch during the whole tour (excluding drinks)
- Our services and assistance 24h / 24hh
The price does not include
- Return flights
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Lunch for the first day