EXPRESS DESERT TOUR : 4 Days/3Nights
About the trek tour :
- Duration : 4 days and 3 nights
- Departure time : 8h30 am
- Support : Djerba – Zarzis and Tataouine (Other cities incur additional costs)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation: free up to 7 days before the date of the excursion
- Take advantage at your address: pick-up wherever you are
- Discover a large part of southern Tunisia
- Enjoy a hike between the Ksours of Beni Khadech, off the beaten track
- Hike in the Berber villages of Chenini, Douiret and Toujane
- Cross the large sand dunes in the footsteps of dromedaries
- Spend a night in a tent in the middle of the desert (wild bivouac)
- Meet nature and dive deep into local life
- Follow local guides and admire Tunisian nature off the beaten track
- Possibility to personalize the circuit according to your desires
Day 1: Ksours and overnight in tents
The trek tour in Tunisia will star in the berber villages. After breakfast, departure to Tataouine via the Roman road. A first stop will be scheduled at the Chahbania salt lake, then continue to the colorful market in the city and free time to visit.
After the market, head to Chenini, the Berber village which dominates the mountain. Take the time to visit with a local guide who will make you discover it with the eyes of both a local and a Berber.
Lunch in a typical restaurant
After the meal, fasten the belts to head to Ksar Ghilane, the oasis in the middle of the desert where the greenery of palm trees embraces the ocher color of the dunes. Take the time to stroll in the dunes (possibility of quad or camel ride extra) and enjoy a swim in the hot spring. In the late afternoon, head to the camp where you will spend the night in a tent. Dinner at the camp and overnight under the stars.
Accommodation: Zemla camp or similar
Day 2: Discovery of Djerid and the old Medina
Lunch and continuation.
Crossing of Chott El Djérid, lake of antiquity, sea of chimeras and enchanting fairyland by its mirages where, according to legend, whole armies disappeared forever. Arrival and installation at the hotel.
Afternoon visit to the old town of Tozeur (the old medine) and possibility of a carriage ride in the marvelous palm grove of Tozeur (Extra) or to visit the magnificent museum of traditional art Dar Chéraït (Extra).
Accommodation in “ksar rouge” or similar
Day 3: Mountain oases and Star Wars scenery
After breakfast, departure to visit the superb mountain oases Chébika, a veritable suspended paradise, which has become for years the favorite place of the greatest filmmakers (known above all for its Berber village and its springs of water which spring from the side of the mountain), Tamerza (famous for its waterfall) and Midès (for its Canyons).
Lunch at a typical homestay restaurant to enjoy a typical Tunisian menu.
In the afternoon, you can leave civilization behind and go on an adventure in the dunes of Ong Djemel by the Ralley track to discover the scenery of Star Wars and the village of Mos Espa. On the way to our hotel, we will pass to the basket of Nefta where a visit will be made.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel.
Day 4: In the underground house
Continue to Matmata and visit the homestay where we will be greeted by good Roman tea, bread prepared by your host, accompanied by olive oil and honey.
After the meal, departure to visit the famous Sidi Idriss hotel (filming location for some scenes from Star Wars) then a visit to the Berber village of Toujane famous for the manufacture of handmade “MARGOUM” carpets and for its honey. rosemary base.
The prices below correspond to the proposal in the circuit. This rate may change depending on our email exchanges and the modifications you wish to make to the program. We are there to personalize the circuits according to your desires !
Low Season : 580 euros per person
High Season : 640 euros per person
Low Season : 390 euros per person
High Season : 430 euros per person
Low Season : 350 euros per person
High Season : 380 euros per person
Please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This price includes
- Reception at the airport on the day of arrival.
- Overnight at Zmela camp with half board the first night. (excluding drinks)
- The night in Tozeur with half board on the 2nd day. (excluding drinks)
- The night in Tozeur with half board on the 3rd day. (excluding drinks)
- Lunches throughout the circuit (excluding drinks)
- The provision of an air-conditioned vehicle for 2 days.
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office for 2 days
- A licensed guide throughout the tour
- The services of the local guide for the hikes
- Our services and our assistance 24H/24H
This rate does not include
- The midday meal of the 1st day
- Drinks and personal expenses.
- Optional activities and walks mentioned in the program or offered on site.