3 day star wars tour
Description of the 3 day star wars tour :
Departing from the island of Djerba, the 3 day star wars tour is the ideal circuit for lovers of the Saga to travel in the footsteps of George Lucas and Skywalker in the south of Tunisia.
About the 3 day star wars tour :
- Duration : 3 days
- Departure time : 8h30 am
- Support : Djerba – Zarzis and Tataouine (Other cities incur additional costs)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Air-conditioned vehicle
- Tour approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation: free up to 7 days before the date of the excursion
Strong points :
- Take advantage of your address pick-up where you are in Tunisia
- Discover a large part of southern Tunisia
- Discover Tataouine, its Ksours and the troglodyte village of Chenini
- Visit all the Star Wars filming locations on Djerba Island
- Visit Ksar Hadada and Ksar Ouled Soltane in Tataouine (Star War film locations)
- Visit the Sidi Idriss hotel in Matmata (filming location for Star Wars)
- Visit a cave dwelling and eat with the locals
- Spend the night in an 18th century cottage at the top of the mountain
- Discover the 3 types of desert in Tunisia
- Explore local life and taste Tunisian cuisine
Day 1: Mos Eisley and Ben’s house
During the first day, you will visit the filming locations of the “Star Wars” Saga in Djerba.
Visits of the day
Ajim (Mos Eisley – Episode IV)
– Control by stormtroopers : Control of Ben and Luke by stormtroopers (“These are not the droids you are looking for.”); the place is very difficult to recognize, due to the modification of the decorations at the time by the film crew.
– Cantina de Chalmun : DAs above, the place is difficult to recognize, especially since the building (an old traditional Berber bakery) is in a state of disrepair more or less advanced. In addition, he is (was?) Also threatened with disappearance to build modern buildings, which had also given rise to an international movement to save it.
– The flight of the Millennium Falcon under the beard of stormtroopers : The alley is a few streets south of the “stormtrooper checkpoint”. It is quite difficult to find, but on the other hand more easily recognizable.
Ajim (Ben’s House – Episode IV)
3 km north of Ajim, on the coastal road leading to Sidi Jemour, is the old fisherman’s house which was used to film, in April 1976, the house of Ben Kenobi during his exile on Tatooine. It has become a high place of “pilgrimage”, and is therefore regularly maintained..
Note that since the Special Edition of the Trilogy in 1997, the original house has been replaced in the film by a shot of a miniature and a digital painting, radically changing its appearance.
Sidi Jemour (Anchorhead, Mos Eisley – Episode IV)
About a dozen kilometers north of Ajim, still by the coastal road, is the marabout (= dome tomb) of Sidi Jemour (or Sidi Jmour). Also considered a mosque, it is a popular place of religious pilgrimage.
2 scenes from Episode IV were filmed there in April 1976 :
A cut scene outside Anchorhead : This cut scene actually consists of 2: that of Toshi station, and that between Luke and Biggs
The arrival scene of Luke and Ben in speeder at Mos Eisley : Note that this scene, like many of Mos Eisley, has undergone many changes over the evolutions of the Trilogy.
Departure to Beni Khedache and night in an 18th century rural lodge
Accommodation: Hotel Restaurant Ksar Jouamaa
Day 2: Planet Tatooine and the slave quarters
After breakfast, head to the city of Tataouine, from where George Lucas got the name Tatooine, but where no Star Wars scene has been filmed specifically.
The first visit will be to the famous Ksar Hadada : Like two other ksour located around Tataouine (Ksar Medenine and Ksar Ouled Soltane), it was used to film, on August 10, 1997, the decorations of Mos Espa, in this case the slave quarters, in Episode I (scene where Qui-Gon contacts Obi-Wan by comlink, and scene with Shmi “He has no father …”).
Then, head to the Berber village of Chenini to enjoy a hike with a local guide.
Enjoy a good typical midday meal in a local restaurant and then head to the second Ksar, called Ouled Soltane:
Ksar Ouled Soltane is located south-east of Tataouine. It is one of the best preserved, renovated and most visited ksours in Tunisia. It is a mountain ksar, which has 2 separate courtyards, and has more than 400 ghorfas (storage cells), on 4 or 5 levels.
It served, like the 2 other ksours above, as a backdrop for Mos Espa in Episode I, in August 1997, for the slave quarters.
Head to Ksar Jouamaa where you will spend the night in an 18th century attic.
Day 3: The Sidi Idriss hotel and the troglodyte village
After breakfast, head to Sidi Idriss, the troglodyte hotel which includes 5 interior courtyards: 4 of them being surrounded by bedrooms, and the fifth, called “Star Wars courtyard”, constitutes the restaurant. It was this which served as the decor for the Lars’ dining room and kitchen, as well as the courtyard.
It should be noted that the decoration of the dining room, in particular the fresco on the ceiling, had been destroyed after the shooting of Episode IV, and had to be redone for the shooting of Episode II, 24 years later. It is currently still the same.
The most beautiful surprise is that you will eat at noon on the same table that Skywalker used in this hotel which served as a Star Wars filming location in Tunisia, before taking the road back.
Return to Djerba and end of our services
The prices below correspond to the proposal in the circuit. This rate may change depending on our email exchanges and the modifications you wish to make to the program. We are there to personalize the circuits according to your desires !
Low Season : 400 euros per person
High Season : 450 euros per person
Low Season : 350 euros per person
High Season : 400 euros per person
Low Season : 300 euros per person
High Season : 350 euros per person
Please contact us by email at: email@example.com
This price includes
- Reception and Pick-up from your hotel or from the airport
- The provision of an air-conditioned vehicle for 3 days
- 2 nights at the Douiret attic with half board
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office for 3 days
- The services of a licensed guide during the entire tour
- Local guide services for hikes
- Lunch during the whole tour (excluding drinks)
- Entrance fees to Star Wars sites during the tour
- Our services and assistance 24h / 24h
This rate does not include
- Return flights
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Lunch for the first day