From Djerba: Matmata Douz one day desert trip
The Matmata Douz desert trip, as indicated in the title, consists of visiting the troglodyte village of Matmata with its troglodyte houses and Berber villages and discovering Douz, the gateway to the desert where you can have a ride on a quad or on a camel in the big dunes of the Sahara.
Matmata Douz desert trip is, in fact, an initiation to the discovery of the desert and of local life intended for those who cannot spend more than a day of discovery.
About the Matmata Douz desert trip :
- Duration : 1 day
- Départure time : 7h00 am
- Support : Djerba and Zarzis (our team picks you up where you are)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : air-conditioned 4*4
- Excursion approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation: free up to 48 hours before the date of the excursion
- Take advantage of pick-up at your address in Djerba or Zarzis
- Cross the stony tracks and discover the Tunisian Reg in 4 * 4
- Go on an excursion to the desert and discover Douz the door of the desert
- Enjoy a camel ride or quad ride in the middle of the desert
- Walk in the sand dunes that stretch as far as the eye can see
- Go off the beaten track and discover nomadic life
- Explore local life and eat Tunisian
- Discover the famous troglodyte village of Matmata and visit a troglodyte dwelling
- Discover Sidi Idriss the location of some Star Wars scenes
- Visit the Berber villages of Tamazret and Toujane
Good to know :
- Don’t forget to bring your cream and your sunglasses.
- It’s best to wear sneakers to walk in the sand
- Tunisian cuisine is quite spicy, if you don’t eat spicy please let us know.
- If you have food allergies please let us know
- The camel ride in the dunes lasts 1 hour and costs around 10 euros per person
- The quad ride lasts around 40 minutes and costs around 30 euros per person.
- Do not hesitate to take pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (sand roses, a chèche or others) or give tips
- The price of drinks on site and around 3 dinars a drink (about 1 euro)
The price includes
- Provision of a 4 * 4 privatized during the excursion
- + The services of a guide approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- + Lunch (excluding drinks)
- + Our assistance during the excursion
- – Drinks and personal expenses
- -Optional walks carried out on site
- – Tips