Departing from Djerba: 1 day desert excursion to the oasis of Ksar Ghilane
Description of the Djerba Ksar Ghilane trip :
In fact This excursion is a trip back in time. From Djerba the touristic town towards the desert gate.
During this unusual adventure, you will cross the stony tracks of the Tunisian Reg, you will stop on the Jeffara plain to admire a panoramic view and you will discover the famous oasis of Ksar Ghilane. Once there, you will have time to bathe in the natural hot spring nestled in the heart of a grove. You will admire the ocher color of the sand dunes which embrace the greenery of the palm trees and you will have the opportunity to enjoy a quad or camel ride in the middle of the desert !
During this desert excursion, you will have the opportunity to dive into the heart of local life, to meet the edouins, herds of dromedaries in the savage state but above all to taste a good tupically Tunisian meal !
About the Djerba Ksar Ghilane trip :
- Duration : 1 day
- Departure time : 6h30 am
- Support : Island of Djerba and Zarzis (our team picks you up where you are)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : 4*4 air-conditioned
- Excursion approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation: free up to 48 hours before the date of the excursion
- Take advantage of your address pickup in Djerba or Zarzis
- Cross the stony tracks and discover the Tunisian Reg in 4*4
- Go on an excursion to the desert and discover the oasis of Ksar Ghilane
- Bathe in a natural hot spring in the heart of the desert
- Enjoy a camel ride or quad ride in the desert
- Walk in the sand dunes that stretch as far as the eye can see
- Go off the beaten track and discover nomadic life
- Explore local life and eat Tunisian
- Discover the famous Ksar Hallouf and enjoy the panoramic view it offers
Good to know :
- Remember to bring your sunscreen, sunglasses, swimsuit and towel.
- It’s best to wear sneakers to walk in the sand
- Tunisian cuisine is quite spicy, if you don’t eat spicy please let us know.
- If you have food allergies please let us know
- The camel ride in the dunes lasts 1 hour and costs around 10 euros per person
- The quad ride lasts around 40 minutes and costs around 30 euros per person.
- Do not hesitate to take pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (sand roses, a cheche or others) or give tips
- The price of drinks on site and around 3 dinars a drink (about 1 euro)
The price includes
- Provision of a 4 * 4 privatized during the Djerba Ksar Ghilane excursion
- The services of a guide approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Our assistance during the excursion
- Drinks and personal expenses
- Optional walks carried out on site