Djerba Island tour: 1 day
Description of the Djerba island tour
The Djerba island tour is the most requested excursion by visitors wishing to discover the island and its most beautiful sites. From your hotel you will discover the essentials of the island: between the Roman road, the pottery village, the museum of art and traditions which illustrates the Djerbian customs, the synagogue, Djerba Hood and the farm of crocodiles, you won’t get bored.
The most interesting would be meal time … Your guide will invite you to a local experience par excellence! You will be directed to the fish market, one of the few in the world where fish are sold directly (a kind of auction). Your guide will buy you a good fresh fish and the restaurant next door will take care of grilling it and serving it to you with a good Tunisian salad and fries.
About the island tour
- Duration : 1 day
- Departure time : 8h30 am
- Support : Island of Djerba and Zarzis (our team picks you up wherever you are)
- Confirmation : immediate
- Guide : Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport : Air-conditioned vehicle
- Excursion approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Cancellation: free up to 48 hours before the date of the excursion
- Take advantage of your address pickup in Djerba or Zarzis
- Take a 1-day island tour in Djerba and discover its most interesting monuments.
- Stop at the famous Roman road and enjoy a photo break.
- Visit the Guellala museum and learn more about Djerbian traditions: weddings, costumes, fishing … etc
- Visit a pottery workshop and watch a manufacturing demonstration
- Visit the oldest Jewish synagogue in North Africa
- Stroll through the alleys of Djerba Hood and admire the graffiti
- Visit the fish market and learn more about seafood sales!
- Stroll through the alleys of Houmt Souk and visit the old caraways
Discover the famous Lella Hadhria museum and visit the “Djerba Explore” crocodile farm.
Good to know :
- For those who do not eat fish other alternatives are offered.
- Please let us know if you have any food allergies.
- In the synagogue, a person is always present to offer you postcards for 1 Dt, this is used to finance and maintain the place (I say that as it can be insistent sometimes so if it is the case do not hesitate to ” talk to your guide).
- Do not hesitate to take pocket money if you want to buy some souvenirs (pottery, a cheche or others) or give tips
The price includes
- Provision of a private vehicle during the excursion to discover the island.
- The services of a guide approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Office
- Lunch (excluding drinks)
- Our assistance during the excursion
- – Drinks and personal expenses
- – Tips