Arabic Midnight : Wild Bivouac Experience
The Arabic midnight tour is a local experience par excellence! This two-day, one-night excursion is for those who want to get away from tourist life and embrace local life in the truest sense of the word! During these two days you will visit a Berber family in their troglodyte house. You will discover these houses and you will enjoy a good tea with rosemary! You will visit a local market and spend the night in a Bedouin tent in the middle of the desert! This is not a tourist camp and there are no other tourists! no restaurant or sanitary block but only a Bedouin experience in the middle of the desert! You will help to look for wood to light the fires, you will help prepare dinner over a wood fire and you will spend the night under the stars with the Bedouins.
About the Arabic midnight Tour :
- Duration: 2 days
- Start time: 6:30 a.m.
- Support: Djerba – Zarzis – Tataouine and Gabès (our team picks you up where you are)
- Confirmation: Immediate
- Guide: Arabic – French – English – German – Italian
- Type of transport: Air-conditioned tourist vehicle
- Excursion approved by the Tunisian Tourist Board
- Cancellation: free until 48 hours before the tour date
- Enjoy support from your address in Djerba or Zarzis
- Enjoy a local experience and go off the beaten track
- Leave the island of Djerba via the ferry and return via the Roman roadway to discover the 2 entrances to the island.
- Enjoy a camel ride of about 2 hours in the dunes of the sahara.
- Help to look for wood, light the fire and prepare dinner over a wood fire.
- Watch the sunset in a unique setting in the middle of the desert
- Spend a night under the stars in a Bedouin tent
- Enjoy a Bedouin evening with camels
- Eat organic and enjoy a wood-fired dinner
- Sit a demonstration of sand bread preparation (bread cooked under embers)
- Visit the local douz market
- Visit a Berber family in a cave house and learn more about the Berber tribes
- Explore the Sidi Idriss Hotel and the World of Star Wars
- Discover the Berber village of Toujane nestled between two mountains
Good to know :
- No toilets on site during the night of the day plan your toilet pouch.
- For the camel ride it is best to wear trousers
- For walking in the desert it is best to provide walking shoes.
- Please let us know if you have any food allergy.
- During the winter, the nights are cold, plan warm clothes.
- The tent, mattresses and blankets are provided by our agency.
- After the visit to the home we leave a tip to the family, do not hesitate to take a pocket money.
The price includes
- A privatized vehicle is available during 2 days of the tour.
- The services of a guide approved by the Tunisian Tourist Board for 2 days
- The services of a driver approved by the Tunisian Tourist Board for 2 days
- Lunch during 2 jorus in local restaurants (excluding drinks)
- One camel per person for desert hiking
- Bedouin tent accommodation 1 night
- Mattresses, blankets and equipment needed
- Our assistance during the excursion
- – Drinks and personal expenses
- – Tips